the capital of the pillar

Visit Opuzen - gb flag

This valuable sculptural work of ancient Narona was donated to Anđelo Vidović by the Vidon parish priest Bartol Ereš at the time when Vidović was the head of the entire Neretva from 1837.  to 1838.  and again from 1843.  to 1848.  At that time Opuzen was its administrative center.
The capital is located on the west side of the wall in the main town square and at its foot is engraved an inscription in Latin language.

Visit Opuzen - hr flag

Ovo vrijedno kiparsko djelo antičke Narone darovao je Anđelu Vidoviću vidonjski župnik Bartol Ereš u vrijeme kad je Vidović od 1837. Do 1838. Pa opet od 1843. – 1848. Godine bio poglavar cijele Neretve a Opuzen njeno administrativno središte.
Kapitel je smješten sa zapadne strane zida na glavnom gradskom trgu a na njegovom podnožju urezan je natpis na latinskom jeziku.

Visit Opuzen - de flag

Dieses wertvolle bildhauerische Werk, des antiken Narona, wurde Anđelo Vidović, vom Pfarrer Bartol Ereš aus Vid, zu der Zeit geschenkt, als Vidović von 1837. bis 1838. und erneut von 1843. bis 1848. das Oberhaupt Tal des Neretva-Flusses war. Damals war Opuzen das Verwaltungszentrum des  Neretva-Tales.
Das Kapitell befindet sich auf der Westseite der Mauer auf dem Hauptplatz der Stadt und an seinem Fuß ist eine lateinische Inschrift eingraviert.